Tuesday, August 5, 2008

cry sweet freedom

The Buddha teaches us not to believe anything just because someone tells us that it is true.

One day I came to the realization that most of my life and our lives are totally governed by other people – for instance your parents tell you “ When you get your own place, you can do what you want, but while you are in my house…” you get the idea. When you are in school you are taught the ‘right way’ up through college where you don’t even learn how to balance a checkbook, or the basic means to managing your life. On the average job, you are a slave to your paycheck, where you get a bit of independence.

Have I ever had a genuine thought of my own that wasn’t generated or influenced by culture, my parents, etc?

Have you?

3 comments:

lulu said...

SWEET FREEDOM!!!

Bethany said...

Anthony, Amy just told me she ran into you....hope Austin is treating you well.

lake havasu said...

Your blog about sweet freedom is so nice i am really very impressed here.
Thanks for sharing...

"lake havasu boat rental"